A site maintained by Bryce Alcock
Remember calculus? Optimization problems were simple: first derivative equal to 0 is a local max or min, second derivative + for a local min, - for a local max?
Well "Life" is also an optimazation problem. The problem is that figuring out what to maximize and what to minimize is very challenging! - Bryce Alcock .
Some Motivational Quotes:
- “Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” - George S. Patton
- "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Teddy Roosevelt
- “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” -Winston Churchill
- The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems. — Mohandas Gandhi
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- To belittle is to be little - unknown
- It is not the employer who pays the wages. He only handles the money. It is the product that pays the wages. ~Henry Ford, 1922
- Improvement usually means doing something that we have never done before. ~Shigeo Shingo
- "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Geddy Lee, Rush
- "Change is not necessary. Survival is optional." W. Edwards Deming
- "Only the paranoid survive." - Andrew Grove